We evaluate our offered LPs based on an optical examination and, if necessary, by excerpt-like playing.
Our quality levels, based on the Goldmine evaluation scheme, the standard for record collectors all over the world, are:
Mint | Near Mint | Very Good Plus | Very Good | Very Good - |Good/Good Plus | Poor/Fair
- SS (still sealed)= The record is new and still welded.
- M (mint) = new, unplayed, the cover shows no signs of wear.As soon as we have removed a record even once from its shell, we no longer offer it as a mint!
- NM / M-(near mint / mint -) already played, no or only very slight traces of use. The cover and the label are in excellent condition, neither written on nor glued on.
- VG+ (very good+): More often played, but no significant loss of quality. Small scratches are not audible, slight noise or crackling can be heard in quiet places. The cover is slightly worn but not damaged.
- VG (very good ): Frequently played, has lost sound quality. Small scratches, slight noise or crackling, but no crackling. But the cover shows signs of wear, like ringwear (wear from pushing the record through, slight damage from removing a label).
- VG- (very good-) Many light and some larger scratches that occasionally produce a cracking sound. Cover heavily worn, possibly torn or labelled.
- G (good) considerable loss of quality, many scratches.
- P Poor/Fair: is not offered as vinyl quality. At best for shabby, torn covers of a record that is too good to throw away.